Saturday, June 20, 2009

I have veggies!

It has been rainy here for a couple days so I went out to check on my garden in between the rain Thursday and noticed my bean plants actually had green beans on them! I was able to pick them today and got quite a few:



And you can tell I am a gardening rookie, because I had no idea that beans kept producing all summer. So we will have fresh beans all summer and probably some to freeze too.

I'll take some pictures of the garden and the containers this week after I can get out and weed. It's so muddy right now. I have zucchini and summer squash (which is currently overrunning everything- I had no idea how HUGE they get!), carrots, tomato, cucumber, watermelon (1), onions, green onions and green peppers.

Next year: less zucchini, hopefully asparagus and strawberries! But I don't think it's too bad for my first year out.

No comments:

Post a Comment