Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More veggies from the garden!

Wow, I am so proud of my garden this year! I got a second batch of tomatoes, so I made more salsa- 6 pints. It is actually pretty good and I'm planning on using it for more than dipping chips. I found a recipe for salsa chicken- basically you brown the chicken for a couple minutes on each side, add salsa and bring to boiling, and then simmer until the chicken is done. You serve it over rice. I think it would also be great shredded up into burritos.



I also got quite a few cucumbers, and a friend gave me some too. So I made pickles! It is actually very easy, and only takes 5-10 minutes to process in the canner. There is something very satisfying about planting seeds, watching them grow, picking the veggies and then making something out of them. As a side note, we have more than enough pickles until next year, if anyone in Omaha would like a jar, email me or leave a comment here and I will get one to you.



Pickles-getting everything ready to go-before I put the brine mix in:

No comments:

Post a Comment