Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Savings- or Lack Thereof

Maybe it was because my stockpile looks pretty good, or maybe I was just worn out on deals this week, but I didn't see anything in the ads that really called to me. Which is odd, Hyvee usually has some good deals. Maybe they did and it just wasn't what I was looking for, I'm not sure. They had granola and Cinnabon bars I could have gotten cheap, but we have so much snacky food I really didn't want to spend even a little money.

I did stop at Walgreens and get some Olay Night Creme, a Colgate Toothbrush, 2 Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and a Coke Zero. I paid $6.98 for this after my $5 RR and got $3 RR back, which was decent considering I didn't have any Q's for the Olay. The $3 RR was from the Colgate Toothbrush, which was $2.99 and I had a 40 cent coupon, so that wound up being not just free, but a 41 cent money maker. The Reeces were also a good deal- I had a BOGO coupon and when you bought 2, Walgreens gave you a free Coke Zero. So for the price of 1 Reeces, I got 3 items!

I spent the rest of my budget at HyVee- I had rainchecks- and Aldi. Aldi was good this week, I found no sugar added fruit snacks from their "Fit and Active" Line for $1.99 for 12. That is cheap, most store boxes only have 6 or 8 packets and are often more.

No shopping next week- I will be in Ohio- but I am taking my binder and hopefully getting some good deals to bring back as their Kroger and Giant Eagle double!

No comments:

Post a Comment