Sunday, August 2, 2009

More Veggies From My Garden!



James has informed me that he is sick of zucchini as a side dish. So I have been making bread (with and without chocolate chips) and thanks to my friend Katie, I will be trying out some new recipes soon. (Zucchini enchiladas? Who knew!) The above bread worked great because I have some applesauce I got on sale and I can substitute the oil in the recipe for applesauce. So you are getting the zucchini and applesauce (all natural, of course)- it is pretty good for you!

I have quite a bit of veggies just ripening out there- although I'm not sure if I am going to have anymore green beans this year. Some kind of bug got to them and chewed holes in the leaves and beans themselves. I looked up some organic gardening solutions and sprayed them with a combo of dish soap and water- they don't look any worse so I am hoping that it is working.

Here are some pictures- if you notice the tomato plants are bent, they seem to have bent over from the weight of the tomatoes. Perhaps next year I will try Roma tomatoes and not have this problem. Right now they are just every which way and tied up as much as I have been able to.

Yellow Squash- I think I am going to have quite a bit in a week or so!
Tomatoes- see how the stems are bent? The tomato cages actually got bent too- and yes, they were in the ground enough!


Two baby green peppers!








No comments:

Post a Comment