Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grocery Shopping Time!

I went to several stores this week and wound up over budget by $3, even taking into account the $2 I had left from last week. No big deal, I'll just take it off next week. I will say this: GO SHOPPING BY YOURSELF! James, the girls and I stopped at HyVee Thursday on our way home and I wound up going over. When no one is along, there is no one putting stuff in the cart or "remembering" things you need. I don't have pics this week, sorry. Here are some highlights:

WALGREENS:
Baby Pool $7.99 (clearance for 50% off!)
12 ct Scott Toilet Paper $6.99
Tuf Paper Towels 59 cents
Johnson and Johnson Cotton Swabs $1.99
Colgate Total Enamel Strength $2.99, minus $1 coupon= $1.99, plus I got $3 in RR from this
Lysol Toilet Cleaner (2) $1.50 each, minus 2 50 cent coupons=$1 each
Mentos Gum 99 cents, minus 55 cent coupon= 44 cents

Total: $24.71, I saved $18.83! Plus the $3 in RR for next week. I wanted to roll it into the Jergens Lotion deal, but since I was over for the week, I just saved it.

HY VEE:
Not a huge week here for me, but I did pick up 3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast for $4.99, 2 jars of Skippy Peanut Butter for 61 cents each (they were on sale for 99 cents and I had a coupon for 75 cents off of two), 2 boxes of Pop Tarts for $1.18 each (this would have been even sweeter if they had the Blueberry Muffin kind, because I had a coupon, but they didn't), and a box of Froot Loops for $2.

I rounded out the week at Aldi where I spent $29 and Walmart where I grabbed 4 candy bars for 14 cents each after coupons. Yes, I was there anyway, I didn't go all the way to Walmart for the candy! Next week is going to be a stock up week- we need dog food and laundry soap- so we'll be eating from our pantry a little more than usual. But that is the beauty of stockpiling- it's there when you need it!

I am editing this to add that my paper did NOT have the Kellogg insert that came out a couple weeks ago, so I am not doing the rebate that is out right now. I am jealous of everyone that got it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment