Monday, July 20, 2009

It's going to be a good week at Walgreens!

When the Sunday ads come, I always go through them and match up coupons, ads and Register Rewards (coupons that print out; are good toward your next purchase). Then I look at Money Saving Mom to make sure there aren't any deals I have missed. This is a great website updated daily with various store deals, freebies and printable coupons.

After going through the Walgreens ad, I realized I could pay very little OOP (out of pocket) if I made 3 trips. Like I have said before, this isn't an issue because I have 4 Walgreens close to me and I'm not making a huge drive and wasting the gas on it.

Here are the scenarios I have found- if you see anything different or better, please comment and let me know!

I have $1 RR(Register Reward) from a purchase last week.

Trip #1:
Excedrin Migraine Geltabs, 50 count. On sale for Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) at $6.99
-Use 2 $1 Manufacturer Coupons
-Get $5 RR
Posterboard- one for 9 cents( using as a filler to be able to use my $1 plus 2 coupons, at Walgreens you need to have as many items as you do coupons)

Pay $4.08 plus tax OOP after RR, get $5 RR back

Trip #2:
Pilot G2 Gel Pens $1
-Get $1 RR
School Box, 49 cents
Bic Comfort 3 Razors- $2.99
-use $2 Manufacturer Coupon
Mentos Gum
-use In-Ad Coupon for 99 cents
-use 55 cent Manufactuer Coupon (apparently there is a $1 coupon out there too, I don't have it) Neutrogena Makeup- BOGO at $7.99
-use 2 $3 Manufactuer Coupons
Tylenol, various on sale for $4.99
-use $2 Manufacturer Coupon
-Get $3 RR

Pay $2.90 plus tax OOP after using $5 RR from Trip #1, get $4 RR

Trip #3:
Kelloggs Cereal, 2/$5
-use $1.50/2 printable coupon from Money Saving Mom
-Get $1 RR
Buy 1 "filler" for 50 cents (I want to use $4 of RR and it needs to be $ before taxes- can be anything- candy, a pen, a clearance item...)

Pay only tax OOP after I use $4 of RR from trip #2, get $1 RR

So, for all of this, when it is said and done, I will only be paying $6.98 plus tax for all of this, and I will have $1 RR to roll into next week's purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment