Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baking Day!

Yesterday I picked two more zucchini from my garden- one was a monster that somehow got away from me and another smaller one. James and I aren't so keen on eating zucchini every night (although it is great sauteed with garlic and olive oil!), so I decided to try a bread recipe. Here is the recipe I used. I actually use that website quite a bit. The bread turned out really good, although I hate using oil; I would rather use butter. Next time I might try to modify the recipe or track down a new one.






I also made Banana Muffins:
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. all purpose flour
3 ripe mashed bananas
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. butter, melted

Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin or line with paper cups. Combine bananas, butter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder (you could sift these together first but I'm naughty and NEVER do). Mix until just moist- do not over mix. Scoop into muffin tins, you should get 12 muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

I also made 2 loaves of whole wheat bread. This is great because all of this baking should last us 2 weeks unless I give some away, which I am likely to do. Next baking day I am going to try something new, but haven't decided: tortillas, cheese crackers or pita bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment